Members of New Frontiers have the opportunity to take classes in subjects varying from dancing and hiking to self-improvement and financial strategies. Enroll at any time prior to the class. To make your scheduling easier, an Open House is conducted prior to the Spring and Fall semesters so you may inquire about classes. You may take as many classes as desired with no additional cost. Check out the Schedule for class descriptions, then register online, starting on the registration date.
- Class Registration
- Only paid members may register for New Frontiers classes. Class registration is through New Frontiers' registration application, which is independent of the Maricopa Community College system. See our detailed instructions for class registration. The same procedure applies to registering for events and volunteer projects.
- Class and Activity Fees: approved October 8, 2018
- There are occasions where there is a fee to participate in a class. Sometimes paying the fee is beneficial to the student.
- Fall 2019 Class Schedule: updated September 26, 2019
- Class schedules are printed and mailed for the Fall and Spring semesters. The summer schedule is available online. They are subject to frequent revisions.
Please contact Ruth Brooks with any changes or corrections.
|Catalog Changes-at-a-Glance - Fall 2019|
|Class Title||Campus||Change Date||Page Number||Class Status||From||To|
|Art and History of Provence||DOB||8/20/2019||10||status||CANCELLED|
|Estate Planning||9/4/2019||22||location||RM DW131||DOB BP1|
|Home Design for Seniors 1||Red||9/12/2019||28||location and time||10:30 -11:30||S152 1:30 - 2:30|
|Home Design for Seniors 2||Red||9/12/2019||28||location and time||10:30 -11:30||S152 1:30 - 2:30|
|Hohokam - Stone Hoe||DOB||9/12/2019||11||date||Nov 7 & 14||Nov 14 & 21|
|UnderstandingTermites||DOB||9/20/2019||15||facilitator||Judith Slentz||Suzanne Brown|
|Bookshelf||MAAC||9/20/2019||18||facilitator||Mary Boehlen||Janice Overdorff|
|Living With Hearing Loss||Red||9/26/2019||25||nancytosell
|NatlGeo on Photography||Leisure World||9/26/2019||16||status||CANCELLED|
|Personal Location Beac||Red||10/7/2019||13||status||CANCELLED|
|Paint an Autumn Scene||MAAC||9/28/2019||19||start time change||11:30 am||12:30 PM|
|Low Back Pain Prevention||Red||11/10/2019||26||location and date||Red November 14||Red DW226 November 21|
|Set up Spiritual Practice||Red||11/11/2019||30||CANCELLED|
|Bookshelf||MAAC||11/13/2019||18||Location||MAAC Dec 4||MesaLibrary Dec 4|
|Mystery Book Club||MAAC||11/13/2019||18||Location||MAAC Dec 10||MesaLibrary Dec 4|
|Hohokam - Stone Hoe||Dob||11/12/2019||11||Date||November 21st||CANCELLED|
- Summer 2019 Class Schedule: revised April 23, 2019
- If you are interested in attending summer classes, you must contact the facilitator listed in the schedule to enroll. Some classes have limited space. If you are unable to attend an enrolled class, please contact the facilitator, thus allowing another student to attend.
Class Information and Resources
- Classroom Location Maps
- New Frontiers holds classes at various locations. These maps show site location for Southern/Dobson and Red Mountain campuses.
- Risk Forms
- When attending 'Risky Business' at-risk functions, the Maricopa Community Colleges requires a release form be signed and on file for each category of risk. The risk forms are contained in the Forms Library.
- Class Proposal Form
- Is there a class you would like to offer as a class or have a non member who wants to teach a class for New Frontiers. Complete the form with as much information available and email it to the contact person listed on the form.
- DVD and VHS Tapes: updated October 10, 2019
- New Frontiers has a library of 22 subject categories of DVDs and VHS tapes for facilitating classes and for your enjoyment.
- The library is in an Excel spreadsheet. The first tab is a summary of all subject material and the remaining 22 subject tabs shows additional information and its availability.
- If you find a subject that interests you, consider facilitating a class after reviewing the material. If you are interested in borrowing any DVDs, please contact David Ramis.
- Facilitator's Toolbox
- Class facilitators conduct classes or host and assist non-member speakers.
This toolbox has resources to assist facilitators including a written guide and a video demonstrating setting up the instructor station for a presentation, along with a basic guide and forms.
Ready to Join?