Members of New Frontiers have the opportunity to take classes in subjects varying from dancing and hiking to self-improvement and financial strategies. Enroll at any time prior to the class. To make your scheduling easier, an Open House is conducted prior to the Spring and Fall semesters so you may inquire about classes. You may take as many classes as desired with no additional cost. Check out the Schedule for class descriptions, then register online, starting on the registration date.
- Class Registration
- Only paid members may register for New Frontiers classes. Class registration is through New Frontiers' registration application, which is independent of the Maricopa Community College system. See our detailed instructions for class registration. The same procedure applies to registering for events and volunteer projects.
- Class and Activity Fees: approved October 8, 2018
- There are occasions where there is a fee to participate in a class. Sometimes paying the fee is beneficial to the student.
- Spring 2020 Class Schedule: Jan 16, 2020
- Class schedules are printed and mailed for the Fall and Spring semesters. The summer schedule is available online. They are subject to frequent revisions.
- To help in planning your classes and avoiding scheduling conflicts, try using this four-month calendar (Jan-Apr 2020). Divide horizontally the date squares into fours to represent 8-10am, 10am-noon, noon-2pm and 2-4pm. If you are interested in creating your own calendar, visit www.pdfcalendar.com.
- Please contact Ruth Brooks with any changes or corrections.
|Spring 2020 Catalog Changes-at-a-Glance as of Jan 15, 2020|
|Class Title||Campus||Change Date||Page Number||Class Status||From||To|
|Opera in Love and War||RED||1/3/2020||19||status||CANCELLED|
|Cattle Ranch & Rural Co||DOB||1/13/2020||10||Time||2:00 - 3:00||1:30 - 3:00|
|Mild Cog. Impairment||RED||1/17/2020||23||Room||DW266||R102|
- SAMPLE CLASS SCHEDULES - REFERENCE ONLY
- Fall 2019 Class Schedule: updated September 26, 2019
- Summer 2019 Class Schedule: revised April 23, 2019
- Spring 2019 Class Schedule: revised Feb 13, 2019
Class Information and Resources
- Classroom Location Maps
- New Frontiers holds classes at various locations. These maps show site location for Southern/Dobson and Red Mountain campuses.
- Risk Forms
- When attending 'Risky Business' at-risk functions, the Maricopa Community Colleges requires a release form be signed and on file for each category of risk. The risk forms are contained in the Forms Library.
- Class Proposal Form
- Is there a class you would like to offer as a class or have a non member who wants to teach a class for New Frontiers. Complete the form with as much information available and email it to the contact person listed on the form.
- DVD and VHS Tapes
- New Frontiers has a DVD and VHS tape library of over 20 subject categories for facilitating classes and for your personal enjoyment. The library is in an Excel spreadsheet organized alphabetically by category and then by topic within each category.
- To find a subject that interests you or are consider facilitating a class, please proceed to the Facilitator’s Toolbox - DVD Library.
- Facilitator's Toolbox
- Class facilitators conduct classes or host and assist non-member speakers.
- This toolbox has resources to assist facilitators including a written guide and a video demonstrating setting up the instructor station for a presentation, along with a basic guide and forms.
Ready to Join?