We appreciate the dedication of our members who volunteer as facilitators to conduct classes in subjects of their interests and those who host classes conducted by non-member facilitators. To make your job easier, we have put together tools that will assist in your functions.
Some information to help you get started!
- Campus Safety and Emergency Information
- The Mesa Community College Police page offers guides to explain how to handle different types of emergencies, from medical emergencies to various types of crimes. There is even a video from Ohio State University which explains what to do in case of an active shooter. It is especially handy to note the phone numbers of the College Police for each campus and keep them in your cell phone's address book in case you need them. Remember that 911 is for all violent crimes and life-threatening emergencies!
- Facilitator's Checklist: revised Jan 6, 2020
- Are you presenting a class or assisting a guest presenter? Here is a basic guide to your functions and duties along with important contact information to assist you.
- MCC Classroom Technology How to: revised Jan 9, 2020
- Need to use the technical equipment furnished in a classroom? Here is a guide to help you navigate use of the equipment!
- We also have a Podium Training Video: revised 2018. This video was filmed at the Red Mountain Campus and should be applicable to the Dobson/Southern Campus.
- Ordering Copies from MCC Copy Center: revised Nov 20, 2019
- Need copies for your New Frontiers classroom or activity. Pam Carter created the above document detailing the steps to follow when placing your order. Do not hesitate to contact the center if you have any questions or Pam Carter.
- Risk Forms
- When attending 'Risky Business' at-risk functions, the Maricopa Community Colleges requires a signed release form for each category of risk. By signing these forms, you assume all risk. An at-risk form is valid for the life of your membership with New Frontiers.
- There are three types of risk forms.
- Risk #1 Outdoors: hiking, birding and picnics.
- Risk #2 Dance & Posture: dance, posture, bowling or other physical activities.
- Risk #3 Tour & Excursion: travel in a group to galleries, museums or long trips.
- Class Proposal Form
- If you or someone you know is passionate about volunteering to teach a class, please complete the Class Proposal Form.
Deadlines for submission of class proposals are Fall: July 1; Spring: November 1; and Summer: April 15. Early submission is greatly appreciated.
- Non-Solicitation/Disclosure Form: revised May 2017
- A required form to be signed by guest presenters prior to the start of their class. This defines the role of the presenter and protecting the privacy of New Frontiers members.
- DVD and VHS Tapes: updated Jan 13, 2020
- New Frontiers has a DVD and VHS tape library of over 20 subject categories for facilitating classes and for your personal enjoyment. The library is in an Excel spreadsheet organized alphabetically by category and then by topic within each category.
- If you find a subject that interests you, consider facilitating a class. Contact Ann Bloxam - DVD Librarian, to make arrangements to borrow the material. Please review the check-out procedures.
Ready to Join?