New Frontiers Member Benefits
Members of New Frontiers receive far more benefits than social, educational, and volunteer opportunities. As a student of the community college district, check out the many discounts and events available to you. What you receive with your membership:
- A large variety of classes offered year-round.
- An Open House twice each year to meet class instructors.
- Membership directory with members’ contact information.
- Social activities, including holiday party and annual picnic.
- A new member meet-and-greet.
- Informative newsletters four times per year and update bulletins and reminders by email.
- Volunteer opportunities with New Frontiers organization and Mesa Community College.
- There are additional discounts at museums and special events and benefits from our association with Mesa Community College.
In addition, there are further discounts at museums and special events and benefits from being associated with Mesa Community College.
To receive discounts, you are encouraged to secure your FREE MCC Student ID card. Ask for your card at the Student Centers, located at Dobson Campus in the Kirk Student Center or at the Red Mountain Campus in the Mesquite Building. The Student ID card offers you excellent discounts and special ticket pricing for a variety of entertainment and cultural activities. Ask for the student discount when you purchase tickets or attend events. Price reductions are often a better value than traditional “senior citizen” discounts.
Examples of student discounts at establishments include:
- Phoenix Art Museum, general admission for students is $13.00 to $18.00, depending on gallery closures and special exhibits. (Senior price is $15.00 to $20.00)
- Heard Museum, admission for students is $7.50 (Senior price is $15.00)
- Arizona Museum of Natural History, admission for students is $8 (Senior price is $10)
- ASU Gammage and Tempe Center for the Arts, up to 50% discount on tickets to some events.
The prices listed above are current as of January 2019, but may be subject to change. The possibilities for student discounts may not be limited to these locations or organizations. Be sure to keep your student ID with you and ask about possible student discounts at theaters and other museums!
Remeber that being a member of NFLL also means being a member of Mesa Community College, and you are entitled to the benefits that any other student or alumni can have:
- Membership in the MCC Alumni Association.
- Access to Maricopa County College libraries, online services and electronic resources.
- Career counseling and job placement services.
- Academic events, guest lecture programs, recitals and concerts.
- Athletic games and sports programs.
- Discount tickets to Theater Outback faculty and student performances.
- Family Discovery programs at the Red Mountain campus.
- Planetarium programs at the Dobson campus.
- Student prices at MCC bookstores on books, software, and other items.
- Student newspaper and other campus publications.
Ready to Join?